Monday, April 7, 2014

Michael Vick & The Jets

Let me start off this post with a little warning. I am a die hard New York Jets Fan. I will forever bleed Green & White.

Am I happy that the New York Jets (finally) got rid of Mark Sanchez. Oh yes. However, most of the flack now is coming from the signing of Michael Vick, former Eagles QB. Everyone knows that Michael Vick was caught and charged with dog fighting. Heck, he even served time, like he should have!


My problem is, all I ever see on the New York Jets Facebook comments is all about the fans that will no longer support the organization since they hired a "Dog Fighter". I am an animal lover, I really am. I have 2 dogs & 3 cats and fish and rabbits and a hamster, so I can understand why people are upset that he was signed...but what I don't get it is why people feel that just because the Jets signed Michael Vick, why can't you still root for the same team?

The New York Jets have thousands of other players on their team. You're going to walk away from a franchise because you are upset about your new QB? If that's the case, then how come the same feelings aren't held toward people like Ray Lewis or Richie Incognito?

In case you don't know, Ray Lewis is a linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens. In early 2000, he was charged with murder and aggravated assault on two men the night of the Super Bowl. Richie Incognito on the other hand was using racial slurs. I know this sounds a little messed up, but racial slurs & murder are okay, but someone who has been caught & has served their time for dog fighting isn't getting any slack?

So you don't want to support Michael Vick...But this is my problem. IF (and that's a big IF) the Jets make the playoffs, all the fans who "hate" Michael Vick will come back in full force. I cannot stand fake fans and bandwagon fans. Support your team, win or lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment